What is the Joanie Madden Cruise?
Your host Joanie Madden, world renowned flute player and raconteur, invites you to join her and an astonishing array of world-class talent on board the incredible Norwegian Epic for a seven night Western Caribbean cruise from Port Canaveral, FL departing February 3, 2018.
How do I make a reservation?
Placing a reservation is easy! You can book a cabin online by clicking Book Now or by calling 1-855-Irish-Cruise (1-855-474-7427) or 800-427-8473 ext 7853.
What information will I need to book my cabin?
Cabin Selection: During booking just select your desired cabin category and occupancy and we'll select the best location from our list of available cabins for you. If you have a cabin location request please make that request in the "Comment" box on the payment information page at the end of the booking process.
Naming Guests: You can add your guests later but fees may apply. See "Can I make changes to my reservation?" here for more details.
You are obligated for the full cruise fare of the occupancy level you select during the reservation process even if you do not add guests to fill your entire cabin. If you wish to add guests beyond the capacity of the occupancy level you select during the reservation process you may do so based on availability for the additional cruise fare associated with the transaction.
Multiple Credit Card Payments: If you wish to make your initial deposit using multiple credit card please contact Kevin Donovan at 1-855-Irish-Cruise (1-855-474-7427) or 800-427-8473 ext 7853.
How does automatic billing work?
Automatic billing is easy and you will never miss a payment that could cause your reservation to cancel.
We simply bill the credit card used to make the reservation in accordance with the Payment Schedule (see payment schedule).
You can also set this up with multiple credit cards but these reservations will need to take place over the phone by calling 1-855-Irish-Cruise 1-855-474-7427) OR 800-427-8473 ext 7811 or if calling from outside the US & Canada 1-561-900-1856, ext 7811.
How can I learn more about the Norwegian Epic?
Read up on the Norwegian Epichere.
About WMPH Vacations and iCruise.com
We Make People Happy sm
iCruise.com is a division of WMPH Vacations, a Florida-based travel company specializing in cruises and resort vacations. Our travel partners include all major cruise lines including Carnival, Celebrity, Cunard, Disney, Holland America, Princess, Regent Seven Seas, and Royal Caribbean; and our cruise specialists are trained in all cruise destinations including Alaska, the Bahamas, Bermuda, the Caribbean, Hawaii, Europe and the Panama Canal.
WMPH is short for "We Make People Happy:-) sm." While our name may be cute and bring a grin to your face, it's a philosophy we take very seriously. Making you happy is our purpose. In fact, we are so serious about this, we named our company after it.
How do you make people happy? It's simple - you make people happy by consistently exceeding expectations. Do more than you say you will do, and you will make people happy. At iCruise.com, we exceed expectations with...
- Value and Savings WMPH Vacations has strong relationships with all cruise lines and tour operators. Like most Top Producing travel agencies, we are among the first notified with last minute deals, senior discounts, regional promotions and group offers. We also use the latest computer reservations systems to enable our agents and our websites to help you find the best deals both online and off.
- Service & Expert Advise iCruise.com Cruise Specialists are knowledgeable, friendly and enthusiastic experts who know the cruise industry. Our cruise specialists are well trained and have the resources and tools they need to offer you the highest level of service at the lowest prices.
Your best interests are our number one priority, so our Cruise Experts will work with you, both online and off, to find the best cruise and best rate that fits your interests. Our expertise comes from years of personal travel experience, as well as the travel experience of thousands of clients we have served in our careers.
- Information - Information is the number one reason why people go to the Internet. By providing honest, accurate information that is relevant to your cruise vacation and combining it with great prices and great service, we will exceed your expectations in helping you plan your cruise vacation.
- Choice and Convenience WMPH Vacations represents all major cruise lines on more than 200 ships to over 10,000 itineraries around the world. You have choices and we will help you sort them out.
You also have choices with regards to how and with whom you would like to plan your cruise. Our websites are conveniently available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and is full of information that will help with your reservation. You can book online or can contact us by telephone or email to address any questions you may have about your vacation. We will promptly respond at your convenience, regardless of how you choose to work with us.
- Being Nicer It's a little thing, and we only bring it up because people tell us that all the time. 🙂 We never forget it's your vacation, your time, your money, and that you're doing us a favor by letting us serve you.
WMPH Vacations was founded by Uf Tukel and Don Walker, former executives of Cruise Outlet of the Carolinas, Alamo Rental Car, MyTravel USA and CruisesOnly. WMPH is a member of the Cruise Line International Association (CLIA); and, we are fully licensed, insured and bonded in the State of Florida. Florida Seller of Travel Registration Number is ST35780.
iCruise.com and WMPH Vacations are not owned or operated by Joanie Madden's company. We are not responsible for any of the onboard activities including the entertainment package that is included with your purchase of the Joanie Madden's Folk 'n' Irish Cruise. In the unlikely event that some or all of the entertainment activities planned do not materialize, you are still responsible for the all payments according to the Payment Schedule listed above and the terms of the Cancellation Penalties stated in the Cancellation Policy
Special Dietary Requests
If you have any food allergy or a dietary requirement that requires Kosher meals or gluten-free food product, please advise us at the time of booking or after booking by calling 800-427-8473 ext 7811 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org (please include your reservation # in all correspondence). Obtaining the product for many of these requests requires 60-days notice prior to sailing, and we want to ensure that we are able to fulfill your request. We cannot guarantee Kosher Meal requests made within 30 days of sail date. For the protection of all of our guests, it is not permissible to bring aboard any food items that would require preparation by the ship’s staff, or food items that would require cold storage in our kitchen facilities.
We have many passengers enquire about special dietary needs that they have and everyone who has come onboard has been very happy with the array of selections made available to them by NCL.
On board Norwegian ships, they offer breakfast, lunch and dinner menus that feature low-calorie, haute cuisine dishes. Their top-rated chefs also prepare vegetarian entrees (nutrition information provided) and sugar-free and fat-free desserts. Gluten-free, lactose-free, sodium-free, Kosher and dairy-free diets can also be catered for and must be requested at least two months before your cruise. On board, there is a smorgasbord of fresh fruits, vegetables and salads at all meal times. At lunch and dinner, there is a pasta station where you choose what to add and at breakfast there is an omelet station, oatmeal and fresh breads available too!
Orlando Airport (MCO) and Arrival Information
If you are flying in for the cruise you will want to fly in and out of Orlando’s airport (MCO). If arriving the day before the cruise (or a few days before the cruise) please contact our Group Travel Advisor Kevin Donovan for information on any pre-cruise hotel packages.
If you are driving in for the cruise, click here for driving directions to Port Canaveral and parking information.
Can I use my Cell phone?
The Norwegian Epic is equipped with a 24 hour Internet Café. Give your friends and family back home your personalized email address (printed on your cruise ticket) and stay in touch throughout your cruise. Click here for more information on rates and services.
Q: Is CellAtSea® Service available in port?
A:The CellAtSea® service will automatically shut down when a ship is entering port. When connected to CellAtSea®, GSM phones will either display "MCP" or "90112". CDMA phones will display "Roaming" or "Digital Roaming".
Q: How much will I be charged when I use my cell phone onboard?
A: The rates vary according to cellular phone carrier and the pricing /roaming plan which you have established with them directly. The charges incurred will appear on your normal mobile carrier's bill you receive at home. For more information on exact pricing contact your carrier or visit their webpage. Please visit the following link for more information http://www.mcp.com/ncl/
Before your trip:
- Is your phone enabled for international roaming? This can be set up, but can take up to three weeks and must be arranged before leaving
- What are the charges for international roaming services at your destination?
- Will your handset work in the country you are visiting? Not all phones work in all countries, especially outside Europe
Most mobile service providers have fixed-fee monthly packages that offer reduced rates for international roaming. If you are a frequent traveler or travel for long periods of time, these deals can work out much cheaper. If you’re using your network provider’s pre-paid mobile international roaming service, make sure you know how to top up your calling credit.
10 SMART rules when using your mobile abroad:
- Find out what your international calling options are and exactly what the calling fee is. Most of the operators have a webpage that provide you with this information or a contact number you could call
- Disable your smartphone or tablet from performing automatic app refreshes or automatic software updates when abroad to prevent large data downloads
- When you need to download data put your phone back to its default data-capable mode
- Turning off your voicemail prevent the call to go to your voicemail. Otherwise you will be paying for the messages left on your voicemail at the same rate as if you’d actually answered the call
- Contact the reception of the ship if you have any questions about the service
- Download music and films on your mobile before your travel as it can be costly to do it while roaming into an international network
- As a parent, have an overview of the services your children are using and the costs related to these
- Set up your email client to download only the header of emails. Once you receive the headers of new emails, you can then manually select which emails should be downloaded in full
- Read SMS from your mobile operator. Normally you will get price information to use the local mobile service wherever you are
- Set the call timer on your mobile. This will allow you to track conversation length