2020 Cruise FAQs - Before You Book
1. Am I guaranteed access to all shows onboard?
All of the shows by Joanie Madden Cruise artists, performers and dancers are general admission for Joanie Madden Cruise guests, so you’re welcome to come and go as you wish!
2. What does the price of Joanie Madden Cruise include?
In addition to admission to all cruise concerts, the price of your room also includes:
• Most meals (there's gourmet fare in the formal dining rooms, casual indoor and outdoor grills open for meals throughout the day and some room service). Excludes specialty restaurants on board
• Non-carbonated beverages (i.e. tea, juices, coffee)
• Free entrance to onboard entertainment including shows, discos, comedy clubs, bars, lounges, etc.
• Use of the ship's beautiful pools and giant waterslide (all with plenty of deck space to enjoy a cocktail and some great music)
• Use of the Norwegian Epic's health and fitness center
• Norwegian Splash Academy and Entourage facilities and activities if you're bringing children
Not included are:
• Gratuities ($15.00 USD per person, per day will be charged to your onboard spending account)
• Some Room service items
• Casino gambling or Bingo
• Spa or Salon services
• Alcoholic beverages (unless you choose the Premium Beverage Package as one of your perks for only $99 USD per person for guest 1&2 in reservation)
• Soft drinks & bottled water. (However, drink packages are available for purchase before the cruise and / or once you are onboard for a low price which gets you unlimited soft drinks throughout the cruise.)
• Shore Excursions and sightseeing tours
• Airfare, Hotel and Ground transportation
• Travel insurance (recommended)
3. Can I attend if I am pregnant or just had a baby?
Norwegian will make every effort to accommodate you, providing you have not entered the 24th week of pregnancy when the cruise ends. Please include your cruise details in an email to email@example.com or call 1-800-427-8473 ext 7811 with a medical certificate establishing your due date prior to the cruise.
Infants under six months of age are not eligible for travel on Norwegian ships.
4. What is the cruise itinerary?
7 Night Western Mediterranean Cruise sailing round trip from Barcelona Spain, October 18 to 25 2020
|Sunday October 18, 2020||Barcelona, Spain||--||06:00 PM|
|Monday October, 19, 2020||At Sea||--||--|
|Tuesday October 20, 2020||Naples, Italy||07:00 AM||07:00 PM|
|Wednesday October 21, 2020||Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy||06:00 AM||07:00 PM|
|Thursday October 22, 2020||Livorno (Florence/Pisa), Italy||07:00 AM||07:00 PM|
|Friday October 23, 2020||Cannes. France||08:00 AM||06:00 PM|
|Saturday October 24, 2020||Palma de Mallorca, Spain||01:00 PM||08:00 PM|
|Sunday October 25, 2020||Barcelona, Spain||05:00 AM||--|
*Norwegian Cruise Line reserves the right to alter the itinerary at their discretion if the need arises
5. Are there any cruise discounts available?
Unfortunately no; the Folk*N Irish Cruise entertainment package is a special program from NCL and Joanie’s group is not combinable with ANY of Norwegian Cruise Line’s promotions.
6. When should I plan to arrive for the cruise?
We always recommend arriving in the departure port city at least one day prior to your cruise to avoid delays by the airlines (or any other unforeseen factor). Barcelona offers non-stop entertainment with multiple options. Pre cruise hotel packages in Barcelona may be available. Please ask at time of booking.
But if you are planning on arriving to the port on the day the cruise departs (October 18, 2020) the Norwegian Epic starts her check-in as early as 10:00 AM and boarding process around 12:00 noon on embarkation day. So when booking your arrival flights we recommend that you arrive in Barcelona no later than 12:00 PM on October 18, 2020. Arrive at the ship no later than 3:30 PM.
Return flights should be planned to depart 10:30 AM or later on October 25, 2020.
Norwegian only offers transfers from/to Barcelona's Airport (BCN) for $25.00 USD per person. Transfers can be purchased when doing your online check-in after booking or with iCruise.com client services.
7. Will the artists be onboard the whole time?
Our artists are excited to join you on board for the whole event. However, there may be some cases where they must join us during the trip or depart early due to schedule or family commitments.
8. How can I learn more about the Norwegian Epic?
Read up on the Norwegian Epic here.
9. What is the Joanie Madden Cruise?
Your host Joanie Madden, world renowned flute player and raconteur, invites you to join her and an astonishing array of world-class talent on board the incredible Norwegian Epic for a seven night Western Mediterranean cruise sailing round trip from Barcelona, Spain October 18 to October 25, 2020